By Jason Price
It's occasionally acknowledged that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator might be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with a view to get better your database.There's a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of the whole lot you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your firms most important information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that information and also you will be out of a job.Scared? you have to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply through supplying easy-to-understand strategies to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your enterprise data
- presents ready-made and step by step ideas to basic and intricate backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by means of supplying example-based suggestions, now not never-ending analyzing materialWhen the pressure's on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This publication will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step strategies that could assist you backup and recuperate your information with confidence.
Read or Download Oracle Database 11g SQL PDF
Best oracle books
Layout Feature-Rich PL/SQL ApplicationsDeliver dynamic, client/server PL/SQL functions with professional information from an Oracle programming expert. With complete assurance of the newest good points and instruments, Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming lays out each one subject along specified motives, cut-and-paste syntax examples, and real-world case reviews.
This ebook is written in an easy-to-read sort, with a robust emphasis on real-world, sensible examples. step by step reasons are supplied for appearing vital management initiatives. when you are an online server administrator trying to find a brief advisor for appearing regimen and significant WebLogic server management capabilities, together with configuring WebLogic server and deploying Java EE purposes, then it is a ideal publication for you.
The Definitive consultant to Oracle Database 11gGet complete info at the strong positive aspects of Oracle Database 11g from this completely up to date Oracle Press consultant. Oracle Database 11g: the total Reference explains the best way to use all of the new positive aspects and instruments, execute strong SQL queries, build PL/SQL and SQL*Plus statements, and paintings with huge items and object-relational databases.
- SQL Plus. Quick Reference, Edition: release 9.0.1
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 High Availability: Maximize Your Availability with Grid Infrastructure, RAC and Data Guard
- RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g - A Problem-Solution Approach
- Oracle PL/SQL Programming: Covers Versions Through Oracle Database 12c
- Pro Oracle SQL, 2nd Edition
- Expert Indexing in Oracle Database 11g: Maximum Performance for your Database (Expert's Voice in Oracle)
Additional resources for Oracle Database 11g SQL
Chapter 1: Introduction 3 Of course, every database must have some way to get data in and out of it, preferably using a common language understood by all databases. Database management systems implement a standard language known as Structured Query Language, or SQL. Among other things, SQL allows you to retrieve, add, modify, and delete information in a database. Introducing the Structured Query Language (SQL) Structured Query Language (SQL) is the standard language designed to access relational databases.
Permissions are granted by a privileged user (for example, the system user) using the GRANT statement. The following example grants the connect and resource permissions to store: GRANT connect, resource TO store; Once a user has been created, the database tables and other database objects can be created in the associated schema for that user. Many of the examples in this book use the store schema. Before I get into the details of the store tables, you need to know about the commonly used Oracle database types.
The EXCEPTION block in the previous example performs a ROLLBACK if an exception is thrown in the code. Summary In this chapter, you have learned the following: ■ A relational database is a collection of related information that has been organized into structures known as tables. Each table contains rows that are further organized into columns. These tables are stored in the database in structures known as schemas, which are areas where database users may store their objects (such as tables and PL/SQL procedures).