Read Online or Download Dac Guidelines and Reference Series Strategic Environmental Assessment: Applications in Development Co-Operation PDF
Best reference books
The character of the cat is an interesting mix of affection, domesticity and energetic independence. you might imagine you recognize your cat as he purrs on your lap, yet stumble upon your puppy on the street on a depressing evening and also you may possibly imagine that Bagpuss suffers from a twin character. each pussycat puppy incorporates an inheritance of wonderful sensory capacities, vocal utterances, physique language and territorial monitors.
The tutorial Revolution describes the increase to energy students and scientists, first in America's best universities and now within the better society to boot. with no making an attempt a full-scale historical past of yankee better schooling, it outlines a conception approximately its improvement and current prestige.
This little booklet is written within the first position for college students in technical schools taking the nationwide certificates classes in utilized Physics; it truly is was hoping it is going to allure additionally to scholars of physics, and pernaps chemistry, within the 6th different types of grammar faculties and within the universltIes. For anywhere experimental paintings in physics, or in technological know-how quite often, is undertakcn the measure of accuracy of the measurements, and of the res,!
- Criminal Justice Laminated Reference Guide (Quickstudy: Academic)
- SMP Reference Manual
- Building and Managing E-Book Collections: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians
- Art of Doing Science and Engineering: Learning to Learn
- The Music of Reason: Experience the Beauty of Mathematics Through Quotations
- The Use of the Old Testament in St. Matthew's Gospel. With Special Reference to the Messianic Hope (Supplements to Novum Testamentum 18)
Extra info for Dac Guidelines and Reference Series Strategic Environmental Assessment: Applications in Development Co-Operation
4. 3. Stages and steps for undertaking SEA at the plan and programme level Many countries and agencies have developed SEA guidelines and procedures. So far, these are mainly aimed at strengthening plan and programme development and are based on an adaptation of the steps characteristic for EIA. 2). 2. Basic stages in SEA 1. Establishing the context for the SEA Screening Setting objectives Identifying stakeholders 2. Implementing the SEA Scoping (in dialogue with stakeholders) Collecting baseline data Identifying alternatives Identifying how to enhance opportunities and mitigate impacts Quality assurance Reporting 3.
The first generation of Poverty Reduction Strategies provide an example of this. The usual approach adopted is one of a stand-alone SEA. At the other end of the continuum, the focus is on an integrated assessment of the environmental, social and economic factors, and sometimes even broader factors such as institutions and governance dimensions. This is particularly relevant in developing countries, where environment takes on a meaning beyond the biophysical aspects to those more closely linked with quality of life and growth.
CIA is a developing sub-set of SEA that has evolved as a way to capture these wider implications in project assessment. These implications may change the conclusions of an assessment of an individual project. A project considered to have few or insignificant impacts when considered on its own may, instead, be judged to have potential impacts of great significance when viewed as a part of a more complex set of developments. CIA therefore represents a move up the decision-making hierarchy, albeit to the programme/plan level, not the policy level.