By Dan Fernandez, Brian Peek
How do you want to construct an Xbox video game, use your Nintendo Wiimote to create an digital whiteboard, or construct your individual peer-to-peer software? Coding4Fun is helping you take on a few cool software program and tasks utilizing a variety of languages and unfastened Microsoft software program. you can now code for enjoyable with C#, VB, ASP.NET, WPF, XNA video game Studio, Popfly, in addition to the Lua programming language.
when you like to tinker, yet don't have time to determine all of it out, this booklet can provide transparent, step by step directions for development ten inventive initiatives, including:
* Alien Attack: Create a second just like house Invaders with XNA for the computer, Xbox 360, and Zune
* LEGO Soldier: Create an motion video game utilizing Popfly with a custom-built digital LEGO character
* World of Warcraft RSS Feed Reader: Use WoW's customizable interface to have feeds pop up whereas you're gaming
* InnerTube: obtain YouTube movies immediately and convert them to a dossier structure for off-line viewing
* PeerCast: circulation video records from any PC
* TwitterVote: Create customized on-line polls on Twitter
* WHSMail: construct an internet site with ASP.NET for home windows domestic Server that permits you to view the messages kept on a working laptop or computer with Outlook
* "Wiimote" managed Car: Steer your remote-controlled vehicle by way of tilting the Wii distant controller left and right
* Wiimote Whiteboard: Create an interactive whiteboard utilizing a Wii Remote
* Holiday Lights: Synchronize your vacation gentle reveal with tune to create your individual gentle show
the precise reward for any developer, Coding4Fun indicates you ways to take advantage of your programming talents in new and enjoyable ways.
"This publication is fantastic! The scope is so splendidly wide that any one who has an curiosity in designing video games at any point may still learn this book."
-- Alex Albrecht, author of Diggnation / absolutely Rad express / undertaking Lore
Read Online or Download Coding4fun: 10 .Net Programming Projects for Wiimote, Youtube, World of Warcraft, and More PDF
Best programming books
Learn to successfully writer software program, weblog posts, or the other textual content with elegant textual content 2
* study whatever new right away! a quick, quick, concentrated consultant providing rapid results.
* lessen redundant typing with contextual auto-complete.
* Get a visible evaluate of, and movement round in, your record with the preview pane.
* successfully edit many strains of textual content with a number of cursors.
There are many parts of computing that require the growing or enhancing and manipulating of textual content. We might have to writer or edit plain-text files for software program improvement, construction an internet site, or maybe simply writing a weblog submit. whereas different techniques exist, elegant textual content 2 is a quick, feature-filled choice so that it will successfully and swiftly control and writer your content material or software program with ease.
The "Instant elegant textual content Starter" e-book is a pragmatic advisor that gives various step by step directions detailing a number of the many positive factors chic textual content 2 presents to streamline your textual content modifying. This starter may also function a reference advisor to a few of the nice positive factors elegant textual content 2 has to offer.
This e-book seems to be on the a number of positive factors elegant textual content 2 bargains as a way to raise the potency and straightforwardness of textual content manipulation and construction with a spotlight on programming similar subject matters. it's going to take you thru easy initiatives from beginning and saving files the entire manner as much as defining your personal snippets and macros. you'll examine those subject matters when it comes to effortless to reference, stand-alone, step by step educational sections
You also will know about a few of the leading edge good points elegant textual content 2 has to provide, akin to a number of cursors for modifying in additional than one position at a time, the preview pane, the command palette, and the Goto something positive factors, between others.
With the chic textual content 2 Starter, you'll research every little thing you want to recognize to start utilizing chic textual content 2 and a few of its extra complex positive aspects. this may supply you a good commence on using elegant textual content 2's strong good points and provides you a superb origin to maneuver directly to its so much complicated positive factors in your own.
What you'll research from this booklet
* Use the preview pane to view and stream round your rfile at a excessive level.
* make the most of a number of cursors to edit your textual content in lots of destinations on the comparable time.
* concentration greater at the activity handy utilizing distraction unfastened mode.
* Use classic mode for these conversant in the Vi and VIM editors.
* discover the Goto whatever gains of elegant textual content 2.
* Invoke many of the instructions and lines on hand utilizing the command palette.
* set up and deal with group created plugins.
* Create and invoke your individual macros.
Get to grips with a brand new expertise, comprehend what it truly is and what it will probably do for you, after which get to paintings with crucial gains and projects. A starter which teaches the elemental initiatives to be played with elegant textual content with the required useful examples and screenshots.
Masking the majority of what you must be aware of to strengthen full-featured purposes for OS X, this variation is up to date for OS X Yosemite (10. 10), Xcode 6, and rapid. Written in an attractive instructional sort and class-tested for readability and accuracy, it's a useful source for any Mac programmer. The authors introduce the 2 most ordinarily used Mac developer instruments: Xcode and tools.
From the best writer of Android books, Apress’ professional Android can provide complicated thoughts for customizing perspectives, controls, and layouts. You’ll learn how to boost apps in checklist time utilizing JSON, complex shape Processing, and the BaaS (Backend As A carrier) platform Parse. The publication additionally comprises wide insurance on OpenGL, seek, and Telephony.
Unreal Engine four is a whole suite of video game improvement instruments that provides you energy to advance your video game and seamlessly installation it to iOS and Android units. it may be used for the advance of straightforward second video games or perhaps wonderful high-end visuals. Unreal Engine includes a excessive measure of portability and is a device utilized by many video game builders this day.
- Programming Languages and Systems: 13th Asian Symposium, APLAS 2015, Pohang, South Korea, November 30 - December 2, 2015, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Programming and Customizing the VAR Microcontroller
- Pragmatic Version Control Using Git
- Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference
- Exploring Arduino: Tools and Techniques for Engineering Wizardry
Extra info for Coding4fun: 10 .Net Programming Projects for Wiimote, Youtube, World of Warcraft, and More
Postscript is a low level interpretive programming language with good graphics capabilities. Its primary purpose is to enable the easy production of pages containing text, graphical shapes and images. It is rarely seen by most end users of modern desk top publishing systems, but underlies many of these systems. It is supported by an increasing number of laser printers and type-setters. TeX is a language designed for the production of mathematical texts, and was developed by Donald Knuth. It linearises the production of mathematics using a standard computer keyboard.
This approach may not lead to a reasonably comprehensive Introduction to Problem Solving 23 coverage of the language, or be particularly useful from a teaching point of view. Case studies do have great value, but it helps if you know the elementary rules before you start on them. Imagine learning French by studying Balzac, before you even look at a French grammar. You can learn this way but even when you have finished, you may not be able to speak to a Frenchman and be understood. A good example of the case study approach is given in the book Software Tools, by Kernighan and Plauger.
PLiI was a synthesis of features of Fortran, Algol 60 and Cobol. It was soon realised that whilst PL/l had great richness and power of Introduction to Programming Languages 33 expression this was in some ways offset by the greater difficulties involved in language definition and use. These latter problems were true of Algol 68 also. The report introduced its own syntactic and semantic conventions and thus forced upon the prospective user another stage in the learning process. However it has a small but very committed user population who like the very rich facilities provided by the language.