By Joel J. Heidelbaugh MD
This is the 1st evidence-based consultant to concentration exclusively at the numerous medical conditions that unequally impact males. this article presents a biopsychosocial method of ailments and problems of male sufferers from beginning via infanthood, formative years, and early life, and from early via past due maturity. Replete with present evidence-based guidance to facilitate medical decision-making, the framework of every bankruptcy builds upon epidemiological facts headquartered on males. specified awareness is given to the situations that effect males to both search or no longer search regimen scientific care.
- Provides a common evaluate of the build of men's overall healthiness, detailing the association of preventive healthcare in males, diagnostic bias in men's healthcare, gender disparities on a world point, and the hesitancy of guys to hunt support.
- Focuses on pertinent clinical problems and biopsychosocial matters within the constructing male from infancy via school-age to formative years.
- Highlights a finished evaluation of universal system-based affliction stipulations that unequally impression grownup males via an evidence-based process.
- Examines unique matters of adolescent and men together with way of life dangers, suicide, nutrients, rigidity, workout and health, integrative medication, beauty cosmetic surgery, melanoma, and finish of lifestyles concerns.
- Summarizes medical care guidance for specific populations of guys together with athletes, executives, prisoners, homosexuals, and transgendered males.
- Authored via leaders from quite a few subspecialties, for well-rounded views on many medical problems.
Read or Download Clinical Men's Health. Evidence in Practice PDF
Best family & general practice books
(BMJ publication) textual content has been up-to-date all through and redesigned within the present ABC structure. Covers association of care, general antenatal administration, fetal wellness, paintings in being pregnant, raised blood strain, preterm hard work, a number of being pregnant, audit of delivery, and extra. earlier version: c1993. Softcover.
Now in its 6th version, this accomplished textual content presents pertinent details on scientific prognosis, remedy, lab exams, and health and wellbeing upkeep necessary to selection making in basic care medication. each bankruptcy has been revised to incorporate extra photos, tables, and bulleted lists. useful concepts that contain the simplest on hand proof, professional consensus directions, and medical judgement are indexed in bulleted goods on the finish of each bankruptcy.
Mechanics of organic structures and fabrics, quantity 7: court cases of the 2014 Annual convention on Experimental and utilized Mechanics, the 7th quantity of 8 from the convention, brings jointly contributions to this crucial quarter of analysis and engineering. the gathering offers early findings and case experiences on a variety of parts, together with: gentle Tissues MechanicsNatural fabrics & Bio-InspirationTissue EngineeringCells Mechanics
Preface prompt texts and references part 1 MRCGP oral module part 2 MRCGP video module summary: Preface instructed texts and references part 1 MRCGP oral module part 2 MRCGP video module
- CMOS Biomicrosystems: Where Electronics Meet Biology
- Fundamentals of Pain Medicine: How to Diagnose and Treat your Patients
- Practice Under Pressure: Primary Care Physicians and Their Medicine in the Twenty-first Century (Critical Issues in Health and Medicine)
- Unternehmen Zahnarztpraxis - die Bausteine des Erfolgs: Teamführung, Betriebswirtschaft, Marketing, Zeitmanagement, Zukunftstrends , 1st Edition
- Biomedical image analysis: Tracking
Extra info for Clinical Men's Health. Evidence in Practice
16. Mathers CD, Iburg KM, Salomon JA, et al: Global patterns of healthy life expectancy in the year 2002, BMC Public Health 4:24, 2004. 17. World Health Organization: World Health Report. Health Systems: Improving Performance, Geneva, 2000, World Health Organization. 30 18. Ezzati M, Lopez AD, Rodgers A, Vander Hoorn S, Murray CJ, Comparative Risk Assessment Collaborating Group: Selected major risk factors and global and regional burden of disease, Lancet 360: 1347–1360, 2002. 19. World Health Organization: World Health Report: Changing History 2004, Geneva, 2004, World Health Organization.
In 2001, White16 conducted a scoping study on men’s health for the past Public Health Minister for the United Kingdom. This review was conducted over an intensive 4-week period involving all of the key national stakeholders who were deemed to have an opinion on men’s health, with the chief goal of exploring the “scope” of the problem of men and their health. Four key areas emerged as being central to the discussion on the factors influencing men and their health: Access to health services Lack of awareness of their health needs Inability to express their emotions Lack of social networks Although all of these factors are interlinked, the issue of men accessing healthcare services has been seen as a principal cause for concern in this study, with the survey respondents noting the following as key factors in men’s unwillingness to attend to their healthcare: A lack of understanding of the processes of making appointments and negotiating with female receptionists Inappropriate office-opening times, which tend to coincide and conflict with work commitments An unwillingness to wait for appointments A feeling that the service is primarily for women and children, and that sitting in the waiting room is uncomfortable for them The name “health centre” identified as problematic The negative response many men feel they get when presenting with difficulties that are not quickly dealt with A lack of trust in the healthcare system, mainly around the issue of confidentiality, especially within the gay community and regarding disclosure of HIV status Great fears relating to shame if their concerns are judged to be of little consequence, or having to admit to another person that they may have a problem, namely one that they cannot solve themselves Lacking the vocabulary they feel necessary to discuss issues of a sensitive nature, with the result that it is easier to go to the doctor with a non-embarrassing physical illness than when depressed or faced with the symptoms of, for example, colorectal cancer or erectile dysfunction As a result, it seems that there are two main barriers regarding men and help seeking—that of perceived challenges in access to healthcare and that of an unwillingness to undergo what many men construe as an ordeal.
8 in Southeast Asia. Although this problem was most significant in Africa, the homicide rate in the Americas was much greater than that of the rest of the world. Interestingly, this factor does not rank in the top 10 overall causes of death in the United States; yet, when examined by racial group, violence does appear as a major health concern. Collective violence consists of war, conflict, and acts of genocide. 15 As the world attempts to deal with growing terrorism and conflict in the Middle East, increased casualties as a result of war are being seen, the vast majority of which are men.