By Anil Desai
SQL Server 7 Backup & restoration is your one-stop source for making plans, constructing, imposing, and coping with backup and restoration systems.
By Andrew Odewahn
This compact advisor offers the jump-start Oracle builders intend to make the transition from conventional programming to the improvement of worthy internet functions for Oracle8i. Even readers who begin realizing not anything approximately HTML, PL/SQL, or Oracle's different instruments will find out how to create uncomplicated net purposes in a question of days. The publication makes a speciality of Oracle8i, but additionally covers net improvement for previous Oracle models (Oracle8 and Oracle7).Background:The explosion within the use of the web and the net has ended in a complete new approach of doing company. builders who in basic terms the previous day have been utilizing COBOL to jot down bills payable structures are actually being requested to create a wide variety of latest Internet-based purposes starting from digital trade (e-commerce) sites to inner info warehouses to company source making plans (ERP) structures. regrettably, the filesystem architectures of so much internet structures are not as much as the duty. the hot breed of internet purposes -- that are quick turning into severe assets that businesses have to live to tell the tale -- call for a platform that offers production-quality instruments for content material administration, software improvement, and program integration. And present internet innovations are insufficient in lots of ways.Oracle8i, Oracle's "Internet database," offers net builders how to construct net know-how on most sensible of a relational database, instead of on a conventional filesystem. With Oracle8i, businesses can practice good understood, trustworthy, production-quality database methodologies to websites administration. Oracle8i additionally helps a wide selection of software improvement systems and instruments which are tightly built-in to the center database. ultimately, Oracle8i helps applied sciences that aid businesses tie their Web-based purposes into legacy applications.There is lots to benefit in Oracle8i. not just does it improve simple database gains, it introduces Java and a number of net improvement instruments. Oracle8i offers a soup-to-nuts platform for website and internet program improvement that extends conventional database innovations to web pages. It replaces the conventional filesystem utilized by such a lot net servers with a database administration system.Many clients are intimidated via the tremendous array of recent applied sciences in Oracle8i. And but, they're stressed to exploit those applied sciences to construct advanced net functions straight away. This e-book provides such clients the way to commence utilizing Oracle8i instantly to create necessary net functions. it's a concise, easy-to-read advisor to the fundamental applied sciences builders have to comprehend with a view to construct internet applications.Contains:The e-book describes the subsequent internet improvement tools:
- PL/SQL-- a established programming language that mixes procedural constructs and conventional SQL. It bargains such good points as cursors, loops, conditional and sequential regulate statements, exception handlers, documents, tables, and constructs for constructing modular code (functions, approaches, and packages).
- PL/SQL Toolkit -- a collection of PL/SQL programs provided via Oracle to be used in constructing net applications.
- HTML -- an ASCII-based markup language used to create internet pages.
- WebDB -- A software program process for construction, tracking, and developing content-driven websites; it permits clients to take advantage of an internet browser to entry and shop details in the Oracle8i database.
- Oracle software Server (OAS) -- an extensible net server that makes use of plug-in courses referred to as cartridges to permit database-integrated internet structures to be built in quite a few languages (e.g., PL/SQL, Java, Perl).
- XML -- An rising normal for growing self-describing records. it's just like HTML yet helps you to create your personal markup tags. XML is anticipated to be a key know-how in digital trade systems.
- The booklet additionally offers numerous absolutely learned pattern internet purposes that would educate you the way to construct such functions of your own.
NOTE: even though this ebook touches at the Java gains of Oracle8i, it does not conceal Java improvement in keeping with se. Switching to Java represents a big swap for many Oracle builders. This e-book presents an evolutionary direction for readers who are looking to do worthy Oracle8i internet improvement now, utilizing usually known instruments. extra books will offer Java education if you have mastered those internet instruments and need to take the following step.
By Sam R. Alapati
Best Practices for Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Configuration and Administration
Maintain a high-performance firm software framework utilizing the exact details during this authoritative source. via professional guide and real-world examples, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c management Handbook absolutely explains the newest administration instruments and strategies. the best way to paintings from the Oracle WebLogic Server management Console or command line, configure servers and clusters, installation purposes, and optimize program functionality. Tuning, troubleshooting, and cargo balancing are completely lined during this Oracle Press guide.
- Install Oracle WebLogic Server 12c or practice an improve
- Manage domain names, server situations, networks, and digital hosts
- Work with the WebLogic Scripting device characteristic and Node supervisor
- Build customized community channels and source adapters
- Monitor functionality with the WebLogic Diagnostics Framework function
- Prioritize requests utilizing Oracle WebLogic Server paintings Managers
- Configure Oracle WebLogic clusters and migrate servers and companies
- Deploy internet functions, firm JavaBeans, and Java EE modules
- Establish protection nation-states and authenticate and authorize clients
- Allocate reminiscence, optimize throughput, and music the Java digital Machine
By Doug Stuns
This learn consultant is geared toward Oracle database directors who wish OCP certification. It covers the second one and 3rd checks within the DBA music, structure & management and Backup & restoration.
By Kevin Loney
Get a radical realizing of Oracle Database 10g from the main finished Oracle database reference out there, released by way of Oracle Press. From severe structure options to complex object-oriented suggestions, this powerhouse comprises approximately 50 chapters designed to enlighten you. improve from past types, use SQL, SQL Plus, and PL/SQL. Get code examples and entry renowned documentation PDFs--plus a whole digital reproduction of the e-book at the incorporated CD-ROM. transcend the fundamentals and research defense, textual content searches, exterior tables, utilizing Java in Oracle, and greatly extra.
By Dmitri Khanine
This ebook employs the method of "you and me talking", which makes studying easy and fun... even addictive! it really is jam-packed with particular examples, shortcuts, and ready-to-use thoughts. you will turn out with a operating, ready-to-use Oracle UCM procedure by way of the top of bankruptcy 2. and you'll bounce chapters and skim them in any order that larger fits your ardour or your project to hand. for you to start with Oracle UCM, this is often definitely the right e-book for you. This ebook can be worthwhile for Oracle Stellent UCM clients, directors, and builders who're able to bounce as much as the subsequent point of workmanship.
By Baltasar Gracián
Written over 350 years in the past, The Pocket Oracle and the artwork of Prudence is an enthralling selection of three hundred witty and thought-provoking aphorisms. From the artwork of being fortunate to the fit use of warning, those stylish maxims have been created as a consultant to existence, with additional feedback given on cultivating sturdy flavor, understanding find out how to refuse, the foolishness of complaining and the knowledge of controlling one's passions. Baltasar Gracian meant that those inventive aphorisms might motivate every one reader to problem themselves either in realizing and using every one axiom.
By Sam Alapati
I reviewed this publication and that i stumbled on a looooot of insects in there. no one stricken to examine if all queries are ok.
Examples? the following you are:
command: rmdir -r newdir
should be: rm -r newdir
another right here: choose identify FROM sys.obj$ the place obj#='4916681';
should be: choose identify FROM sys.obj$ the place dataobj#='4916681';
it is barely a few first pages. i'm scared what gonna be later...
By Simon Greener, Siva Ravada
This booklet is a complicated functional advisor to using and lengthening Oracle Spatial. This booklet is for latest clients of Oracle and Oracle Spatial who've, at a minimal, simple operational adventure of utilizing Oracle or an similar database. complicated abilities aren't required