By J. D. O'Connor
It's a hugely winning and widely-used textual content on pronunciation. It presents a scientific and thorough advent to the pronunciation of English to aid intermediate and extra complicated scholars increase their pronunciation of the spoken language. A recording of all of the perform fabric within the booklet is out there on CDs.
Read Online or Download Better English Pronunciation (Cambridge English Language Learning) PDF
Similar english as a second language books
Grammarchants is a full of life assessment of uncomplicated grammatical constructions. each one unit opens with a "grammarchant" which provides a easy element of grammar, through a chain of comparable chants that strengthen the constitution. a solution secret is integrated. An audio CD and Cassette good points all the chants.
"Great Writing 2: nice Paragraphs" introduces the method of paragraph improvement and teaches tips to generate principles and write inside of various rhetorical styles.
Written via practitioners, 'English for the Oil undefined' offers expert English to a selected vocation for millions of non-native English audio system education for employment within the united kingdom or already operating of their selected vocation.
- Making Sense Phrasal Verbs
- King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Level 2, Penguin Readers
- Macmillan English Grammar in Context Intermediate without Key and CD-ROM Pack
- English Vocabulary in Use Pre-intermediate and Intermediate with Answers
Additional info for Better English Pronunciation (Cambridge English Language Learning)
7. My brother (_) (ice-skate) when he (_) (break) his arm. 8. I (_) (watch) TV when the power (_) (go) out. B. Complete these sentences with interesting information about yourself. Use the simple past or the past continuous. 1. During my childhood, (_) 2. I met my best friend while (_) 3. When I was going to elementary school, (_) 4. Two years ago, (_) 5. Last year, (_) C. Pair work. Take turns reading your sentences from part B. Then ask and answer follow-up questions. A: During my childhood, my family was living in Chile.
6. LISTENING A. Listen to some information about unusual Check True or False for each statement. Marriage customs. 1. When two women of a tribe in Paraguay to marry the same man, they put on boxing gloves and fight it out. (True or False) 2. When a man and a woman get married in Malaysia, they eat cooked rice the day before the wedding. (True or False) 3. In Italy, before a man and a woman get married, a friend or relative releases two white doves into the air. (True or False) 4. In some parts of India, when a man and a woman get married, water is poured over them.
Natasha: So what do you do on Halloween? We don't have that holiday in Russia. Leo: Well, it's a day when kids dress up in masks and costumes. " Natasha: Hmm. Sounds interesting. Leo: But it's not just for kids. Lots of people have costume parties. Hey. my friend Pete is having a party, Would you like to go? Natasha: Sure. I'd love to. B. Listen to the rest of the conversation. What are Leo and Natasha going to wear to the Halloween party? 4. GRAMMAR FOCUS: Relative clauses of time Halloween is a day when kids in the United States dress up in masks and costumes.