By Barbara Sinclair, Philip Prowse
Turn on your English is a quick direction for adults at pre-intermediate level.It can help you:~ turn on the English you've gotten forgotten~ enhance your wisdom of English vocabulary and grammar~ suppose extra convinced approximately realizing and utilizing English in actual lifestyles~ discover extra approximately tips on how to examine English effectively книга -
Read or Download Activate Your English: a Short Course for Adults (with Audio CD) PDF
Best english as a second language books
Grammarchants is a full of life evaluation of simple grammatical constructions. every one unit opens with a "grammarchant" which offers a uncomplicated element of grammar, via a sequence of similar chants that toughen the constitution. a solution secret is integrated. An audio CD and Cassette positive factors all the chants.
"Great Writing 2: nice Paragraphs" introduces the method of paragraph improvement and teaches how one can generate rules and write inside of quite a few rhetorical styles.
Written through practitioners, 'English for the Oil undefined' presents professional English to a selected vocation for millions of non-native English audio system education for employment within the united kingdom or already operating of their selected vocation.
- Fundamentals of English Grammar (Black), Student Book Full (Without Answer Key), Third Edition
- Test Your English Vocabulary in Use Upper-intermediate Book with Answers
- Speaking Naturally Student's book: Communication Skills in American English
- A Handbook of Pronunciation
Additional info for Activate Your English: a Short Course for Adults (with Audio CD)
7. My brother (_) (ice-skate) when he (_) (break) his arm. 8. I (_) (watch) TV when the power (_) (go) out. B. Complete these sentences with interesting information about yourself. Use the simple past or the past continuous. 1. During my childhood, (_) 2. I met my best friend while (_) 3. When I was going to elementary school, (_) 4. Two years ago, (_) 5. Last year, (_) C. Pair work. Take turns reading your sentences from part B. Then ask and answer follow-up questions. A: During my childhood, my family was living in Chile.
6. LISTENING A. Listen to some information about unusual Check True or False for each statement. Marriage customs. 1. When two women of a tribe in Paraguay to marry the same man, they put on boxing gloves and fight it out. (True or False) 2. When a man and a woman get married in Malaysia, they eat cooked rice the day before the wedding. (True or False) 3. In Italy, before a man and a woman get married, a friend or relative releases two white doves into the air. (True or False) 4. In some parts of India, when a man and a woman get married, water is poured over them.
Natasha: So what do you do on Halloween? We don't have that holiday in Russia. Leo: Well, it's a day when kids dress up in masks and costumes. " Natasha: Hmm. Sounds interesting. Leo: But it's not just for kids. Lots of people have costume parties. Hey. my friend Pete is having a party, Would you like to go? Natasha: Sure. I'd love to. B. Listen to the rest of the conversation. What are Leo and Natasha going to wear to the Halloween party? 4. GRAMMAR FOCUS: Relative clauses of time Halloween is a day when kids in the United States dress up in masks and costumes.